EFFECTIVE April 11, 2020
The Sites and the Services are provided by Silver Solutions.
To use the Sites and/or Services, you must be of legal age to enter into a binding contract and not be prohibited from using the Sites and/or Services by the laws of the jurisdiction from which you access the Sites and/or Services.
Silver Solution is a senior placement agency provides resources and personalized assistance in finding senior housing and care. We help families find options based on a loved one's stated needs and preferences and empower them to make informed decisions. This may include independent living, home care, residential care homes, assisted living, specialized memory care, and skilled nursing. Based on the family's stated needs and preferences, we provide the family with information about contracted communities ("Participating Communities") and we forward the family's information to those Participating Communities. Families can review detailed information about local and national Participating Communities, and get personalized, knowledgeable assistance by telephone, email, or from an in person visit a Silver Solutions Senior Expert. The service is offered at no charge to families as the Participating Communities pay a fee to Silver Solutions.
PARTICIPATING SENIOR HOUSING AND/OR CARE COMMUNITIES
The Participating Communities are solely responsible for evaluating, accepting (or declining, as appropriate), and caring for all residents, including, without limitation, ensuring that their staff are appropriately qualified, current on education, and possess the necessary facilities, resources, and equipment to competently provide the services and care required by its residents. Each Participating Community is responsible for the conditions at its community and the training of and acts and omissions of its employees, contractors, vendors, and any other individual who works at or for a community.
Each Participating Community is responsible for the content of the information posted on its page or on the Sites. The information does not represent our views or any individual associated with us, and we do not control this content. We do not vouch for the accuracy or completeness of any of the information posted by and/or for the Participating Community on the Sites, and do not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading the information posted by and/or for the Participating Community on the Sites. By using the Sites and/or Services, you assume all associated risks.
NO ENDORSEMENT; NO AFFILIATION; NOT A BROKER
We exercise no independent judgment as to the quality of, nor do we recommend or endorse, any Participating Community. We provide only an information service and do not (1) place the consumer in any Participating Community, (2) perform any medical assessment of or for the consumer or the Participating Community, or (3) participate in the consumer's and Participating Community's decision regarding final selection or admittance. Further, we are not a representative of or agent for either the consumer or the Participating Community and do not act on either's behalf. It is the responsibility solely of the Participating Community and the potential resident, and/or the potential resident's family and care provider(s) and/or other involved parties acting on the potential resident's behalf to determine if any person is an appropriate admission to the Participating Community. Silver Solutions does not broker, sell, or lease space directly and is not a party to any transaction between the provider and the family.
NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE
All information, materials, content and/or advice on the Sites or provided through the Services is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional, financial, medical, legal, or other advice. Silver Solutions expressly disclaims, and you expressly release Silver Solutions from, any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Sites and/or Services. You should consult with an appropriately trained and licensed specialist for all concerns that require medical, legal, financial, or other professional advice.
PRIVACY AND CONSENT TO COMMUNICATIONS
USE OF SITES; LIMITED LICENSE
NO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OF AND/OR USE OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES
The following are examples of some actions and activities that are prohibited by you in accessing and/or using the Sites and/or Services, and you agree not to do any of the following:
· Using the Sites for commercial purposes.
· Conducting or promoting any illegal activities while using the Sites or Services.
· Uploading or attempting to upload or otherwise transferring any virus, worm, trap door, back door, Trojan horse, timer, clock, counter, or other limiting or malicious routine, instruction, or design that would cause harm to the Sites, Silver Solutions computer and/or telecommunication systems or data.
· Interfering in any way with the proper functioning of the Sites (including harming, disabling, or significantly slowing) or interfering with or disrupting any servers or networks connected to the Sites, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Sites.
· Modifying, copying, distributing, reselling, transmitting, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, framing in another web page, and/or using on any other Web site or service any of the Sites content.
· Engaging in the practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping," "data mining," or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information, in whole or in part, from the Sites or use web "bots" or similar data gathering or extraction methods for such purposes.
· Attempting to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Sites, or otherwise attempting to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Sites.
· Attempting to gain access to secured portions of the Sites.
· Circumventing, attempting to circumvent, disabling, or attempting to disable, or discovering or attempting to discover any security measures (including without limitation encryption algorithms, keys, passwords, and the like) used by or for Silver Solutions to protect its computer and/or telecommunications systems.
· Using the Sites and/or Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam; and/or allowing, enabling, or otherwise supporting the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam).
· Using the Sites and/or Services to stalk, harass, or harm another individual.
· Impersonating any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity.
· Uploading, distributing or printing anything that may be harmful to minors.
· Mirroring or framing the Sites, placing pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affecting the display of its pages.
· Engaging in any other action in any way that is unlawful or harms APFM.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Silver Solutions and our licensors. All rights, title, and interests in and to the Sites, including content, materials, trademarks, and other intellectual property contained in the Sites, vest solely in Silver Solutions and its licensors. The Silver Solutions name and any Silver Solutions products and services, slogans, or logos referenced herein on the Sites are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Silver Solutions in the United States and/or other countries. The names of actual third party companies and products mentioned in the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
HYPERLINKS TO EXTERNAL WEB SITES
The Sites may provide links to external Web sites ("External Web Sites"). We provide these links to External Web Sites for your convenience only. We do not control such External Web Sites; therefore, Silver Solutions is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Our inclusion of links to such External Web Sites does not imply any endorsement of any such third party who advertises their goods or services through the Sites (including Participating Communities). We make no claim or representation regarding, and accept no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature, or reliability of External Web Sites.
THE SITES AND THE SITE MATERIALS (INCLUDING ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT), AND ALL LINKS, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, EVALUATIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITES AND THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SILVER SOLUTIONS AND ITS ASSOCIATED PARTIES (DEFINED AS AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS, LINKS, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ON THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES. IN ADDITION SILVER SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY, OR THE CONDUCT OF, ANY THIRD PARTY OR ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES (EVEN IF WE HAVE INTRODUCED YOU TO SUCH PARTY OR PARTIES), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PARTICIPATING COMMUNITY OR OTHER HEALTH CARE AND/OR ANY OTHER SENIOR HOUSING AND CARE PROVIDER, WHETHER OFFLINE OR ONLINE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION FROM SILVER SOLUTIONS OR ANY OTHER PARTY WILL MODIFY THIS DISCLAIMER. SILVER SOLUTIONS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR COVENANTS THAT THE MATERIALS ON THE SITES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR-FREE. WHILE WE ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE YOU ACCESS SAFE FROM VIRUSES, SILVER SOLUTIONS DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT, OR COVENANT THAT THE SITES OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL SILVER SOLUTIONS BE LIABLE TO USER FOR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITES OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF SILVER SOLUTIONS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SILVER SOLUTIONS OR THE ASSOCIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, OUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS UNDER OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF WARRANTY BY US OR ANY ASSOCIATED PARTY, AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS OF THIS "LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SILVER SOLUTIONS OR THE ASSOCIATED PARTIES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE COMPLETE SITE EXCEED THE GREATER OF USD $50.00 OR ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO SILVER SOLUTIONS FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE SILVER SOLUTIONS OR THE ASSOCIATED PARTIES' LIABILITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, INTENTIONAL, WILLFUL, MALICIOUS, OR RECKLESS MISCONDUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS (SUCH AS WASHINGTON STATE) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Sites at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to use the Sites will immediately cease.
CHANGES TO THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES
We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, or cease providing the Sites and/or Services (and therefore, your access to and use of) at any time without notice.
GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM SELECTION
Any dispute arising from the Site and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of New York and the United States, respectively, sitting in New York County, New York.
CLAIMS SUBJECT TO MANDATORY AND BINDING ARBITRATION, CLASS WAIVER, AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER
Please read the following important section carefully.
Except for small claims disputes or claims related to intellectual property, you and we waive our rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to the Sites or Services resolved in court. Instead, disputes relating in any way to the Sites or Services must be submitted to binding arbitration administered by JAMS. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement. The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available at and are hereby incorporated by reference.
You and we agree that any dispute arising out of or related to the Sites or our Services is personal to you and us and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action, or any other type of representative proceeding.
You and we agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and we will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by us, we will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You have the right to an in-person hearing in your hometown area.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this section by sending an email to . In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve disputes in accordance with the section, "Governing Law and Forum Selection."
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICES & DMCA NOTICES
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notice that includes the following information. Please note that we will not process your complaint if it is not properly filled out or is incomplete. Any misrepresentations in your notice whether content or activity is infringing may expose you to liability for damages.
1. A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
2. A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the Website, such as a link to the infringing material.
3. Your address, email address, and telephone number.
4. A statement that you have a "good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
5. A statement that "the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed"
6. A signature by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may send your notice by using the contact information below:
DMCA Designee Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP 200 South Wacker Drive Suite 2900 Chicago, IL 60606 Phone: 312-554-8000 Email: